The term office politics typically garners a deeply disapproving reaction among persons who reject this type of behaviour. In fact, the terms power and politics are interconnected dynamics that ignite a complex variety of emotions within the workplace.
In reality, whether you think you are in the game, or not, you are in the game. So this course is designed for those who want to learn how to engage the game while maintaining their values and decorum. The great news is if you learn to engage the game your way, it is possible for you to enhance your career and as you build your influence, you can become a positive change agent. This course will help you explore how to apply emotional intelligence, ethics and savvy when you encounter political structures at work.
- Definition of Politics
- Bases of Power
- An Emotional Intelligence Framework – Know Yourself
- Identifying your political engagement patterns
- An Emotional Intelligence Framework – Choose Yourself
- Political risks
- Savvy, Integrity Based Strategies
- An Emotional Intelligence Framework – Give Yourself
- Navigating Cliques
- Influence (Integrity based)